Wednesday 11 June 2014

Time for Tea!

Good morning everyone!
Design team work keeps me busy, but every once in a while I create something else that I want to share.

My good friend decided she wanted a themed birthday party. She's that one friend (hopefully) everyone has that goes out of her way to make sure other people's days are special, so everyone was excited to play along for her.  We all dressed like characters from Downton Abbey, and we had a magical tea party in her backyard. She hung teacups from the trees, set up all sorts of Alice in Wonderland type props, played 1920's music .... it was perfect!

When I saw the Saturated Canary image "Teacups"  I knew it was meant for her! Here's what I created.



Copics used:
Skin - E000, 00, 21, 11, 04, R20
Hair - E42, 44, 47, 49
Outfit - R35, 46, 59 BG000, 01, 05, 07 E93, 95, 97


For the inside of the card I used a cutting file from the Silhouete online shop to do some pop-up teacups.




I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Lets Craft and Create - spots and stripes
The Stamping Chef - anything goes
Colour Q - challenge 245
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog - Inspired by a song (A Very Merry Un-Birthday to You)
Use your Stuff - Circles
Pile it On - use patterned paper
Avenue 613 - best friends

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Melissa and perfect for our latest challenge over at Let's Craft and Create, thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...what a fabulous image and I love your coloring!! I had to laugh at your meerkat pic on your header....too funny!! Thank you for sharing your awesome card with us at Pile It On!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the layout of your card and always love the Saturated Canary digi's. Thanks for sharing it with us over at LCC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Melissa this is absolutely beautiful it has such a lovely vibrancy to it, love the design, colours and image, awesome work, thank you for sharing this with us at TSC this week.
    hugs
    lorraine x
    TSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just so cute and I love the pop up teacups inside too. Thank you for joining in the Stamping Chef Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    TSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic cheerful card and I really love this stamp. You have colored it so beautifully. Thank you for joining our challenge at Pile It On and please come back for a brand new one.
    Hugs,
    Anna xxx

    ReplyDelete